Friday, February 24, 2012

Sometimes, you just want a $^%@&% chocolate chip cookie.










I'm trying to swear less. Typing faux swears does not count.

Everyone knows there's nothing as wonderful as chocolate chip cookies straight out of the oven. This is my Mom's recipe. I have enjoyed these my wholllllle life. I enjoyed them far too much this afternoon, in fact.



Mom's Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup butter
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
* raisins or nuts optional, of course

Cream the sugars, butter, egg an vanilla. Add in the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda & salt. Stir in the chocolate chips. Form small (1 inch) balls and place on baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes. Be ready to eat more than you should.



Do you have a go-to comfort food recipe? Is it a family one or something you created?

No comments:

Post a Comment